The Napoleonic Museum occupies the ground floor of the Palazzo Primoli, which was built in the Seventeenth century; it originally belonged to the Gottifredi family- who according to the plan by Nolli plan still owned it in 1748 – then, at the end of the Eighteenth century, it passed to the Filonardi. Between 1820 and 1828 it was acquired by Count Luigi Primoli.
Count Giuseppe Primoli was descended on his mother’s side from Lucien Bonaparte, Napoleon’s brother. Luciano was considered the founder of the “Roman branch” of the Bonapartes, in that he had established himself at Rome in 1805, when his disagreements with Napoleon forced him to retire from Paris and public life.
Giuseppe Primoli was born in Rome in 1851 from the marriage of Pietro Primoli to Carlotta Bonaparte.
The Napoleonic Museum dedicate the exhibition “Minute Visione” dedicated to the roman micro-mosaics of the XVIII and XIX century from the collection of Ars Antiqua Savelli, one of the most important collection of the micro-mosics in international setting.
L'accessibilità museale come superamento delle barriere architettoniche e sensoriali.Visite guidate gratuite su prenotazione in cui è proposta l’esplorazione tattile di sei opere selezionate dalle collezioni permanenti del museo.